1. IMPROPER PRICING – Pricing is critical. Set the price too high and it will sit unsold. The home can develop the identity of a problem property, with the accompanying stigma of what real estate agents call a “stale listing.” The goal is to set the appropriate price, which involves the evaluation of numerous factors your LUX LIFE team can help you with today.
2. NOT PROVIDING EASY ACCESS – Accessibility is a major factor in achieving a successful sale. The more accessible your home, the more showings, and the better the odds are of finding a person willing to pay top dollar. In today’s competitive market, buyers who can’t get a viewing will move on to other homes and purchase elsewhere.
3. BAD HOUSEKEEPING – The prospective home buyer’s first impression is the most important. An incredible number of home sales have been lost to unmowed lawns, cluttered rooms, unsightly stains, dirty kitchens and bathrooms, unpleasant odors, etc. Imagine you are the buyer, and clean your home from top to bottom.
4. FAILURE TO MAKE REPAIRS – Often, even minor improvements will yield as much as three to five times the repair cost at the time of sale. There are thousands of homes for sale, and buyers buy what they see. Seemingly small repairs can make the difference between a closed sale at top dollar and a home that languishes on the market for months on end.
5. POOR SHOWING TECHNIQUES – Your home should be neat and clean, but that’s just the beginning. There are lots of details that make a big difference. Knowing exactly what to say and do when buyers come through your home is crucial.
6. RELYING ONLY ON TRADITIONAL SALES METHODS – Sellers who are innovative and willing to offer new strategies of attracting homebuyers will always outperform those who rely on traditional methods. Today’s market demands around-the-clock advertising exposure and response-generating marketing techniques.
7. MAKING SELLING DECISIONS BASED ON EMOTION – Selling your home is a business transaction. Don’t let your emotional ties to your home affect your judgment. Remember, purchasers are not buying your home, they are buying a house to make their home.
8. FAILURE TO UNDERSTAND MARKET CONDITIONS – Just like the stock market, there are current real estate market conditions that are determined by supply and demand. Many buyers shop dozens of homes and compare values, so it is very difficult to find a buyer willing to pay more than current market value. No single person, firm, or agent has any control over the market. That being said, our years of experience will provide you with proper strategy to get top dollar.
9. WASTING TIME WITH UNQUALIFIED PROSPECTS – Countless hours of valuable time can be wasted showing and negotiating with prospects who can’t buy no matter how much they love your house. Buyers should be pre-approved for a loan before you begin dealing with them.
10. PICKING THE WRONG REAL ESTATE AGENT – The vast majority of all homes are sold by real estate agents, but all agents are not the same. The agent’s experience, knowledge, and marketing plan can have an enormous impact on your success. Joining forces with the right agent can make all the difference in the world.